How does stock photography work?
It’s important to understand that the copyright of your image always rests with you. The ownership never transfers. We simply license the right to use your image by charging a license fee. This amount is then shared between you and PSP.
How to join PakStockPhoto?
Getting onboard with us isn’t that difficult. All you need is good photography skills, a DSLR camera and be at least 18 years of age. Click the “Sell your work” text on our home page to get yourself registered by entering your details. To become a contribution you will need to submit three quality images for our team to assess your skills. Your status will be notified via an email. Once you get the green signal from us, you simply login to the system, accept the terms and conditions and TADA! You’re now a contributor to PSP.
Tips to get selected
We assess pictures on following criteria:
1) Three different images to see the variety of subjects you cover e.g. people, lifestyle, landscape or object.
2) Creative talent – your skills in using angles, focus, filters, depth of field & composition.
3) Images must have Pakistan as a subject.
4) High-resolution- appropriate lightning, free from blur, dust or scratches.
5) All images must be shot using a minimum 8MP digital camera, ideally a DSLR camera.
Do you accept non-Pakistani photographers?
Mostly our in-house photographers are local and based in Pakistan. However, we are open to all kind of entries depending upon the quality and content of your work. If you are able to a show that enticing image of Pakistan in your stills we might be interested in your work. So, if you are a Pakistani photographer living abroad apply now. We also welcome International photographers who have fallen in love with Pakistan.
Why should I have a portfolio on PSP?
The amount of beauty and talent in Pakistan simply stuns us. We believe in bringing this beauty and talent into the spotlight w A portfolio on PSP will help make your work stand out and avoid saturation and clutter of other mediums. Here you will get in touch with customers of different sorts to strengthen your portfolio. Also you will join our community which gives you mentoring and networking opportunities. All of this with a good price for your talent. We have a simple profit sharing model where you get 40% of your image price.
Who decides the image price?
Image price is defined by PSP and this varies with image size.
What is an additional license?
We have 3 Additional Licence options, including:
(a) Unlimited Print (a standard licence allows up to 100,000)
(b) Use across multiple projects, within a single organization
(c) Use of image on packaging for sale or commercial distribution
Do I need to edit, caption and keyword the photos?
Yes! Photographers are responsible for editing, putting captions and tags with photo submissions. However, our team further optimizes them for better visibility.
What kind of images sells on PakStockPhoto?
Images that show Pakistan, its people, their diversity, culture and lifestyle sells best here. People sign up here to find genuine and authentic pictures of Pakistan. So say Pakistan centric. The more unique and profound your images are the more sales you can expect.
Do you accept images that are slightly different from the mentioned categories?
Of course! We love experimenting as much as you do. You can submit under a variety of tags like: Food photography, macro-photography, nature and wildlife, conceptual shots even illustrations in relation to Pakistan are more than welcome. We also welcome designers who want to submit vectors and other abstract forms of graphics to our library.
How do I upload a picture on PSP?
1. Take a picture or make a cool illustration.
2. Upload it to your profile and add tags for keyword search.
3. Your picture will be up for sale within the next 24 hours.
4. Get paid with each sale of your image.
How do I buy an image?
1. Enter keywords to search for an image.
2. Select your preferred image.
3. Add your image to the cart.
4. Enter your details.
5. Pay through your preferred mode of payment.
6. Get an email from us on your registered address with the downloadable link of the image.